Monday 7 December 2015

Directions



When I first set up this blog, the first thing that came to mind was the name. I knew what I wanted to call it because I had a general idea that the blog would be about Nigeria. I see you Lagos because clearly I want to write about what I see, living in Lagos. What I did not have a full picture of was the actual concept of the blog. I flipped back and forth about having a lifestyle blog with general reviews but I think that’s what my other blog (Pastime Bliss) fulfils. What I have always wanted to do is to brush up on my photography skills, whether it be using my iPhone with VSCO, my instax mini 8 or DSLR. The goal is to document life in Lagos as I see it through whichever lens I am using. In my short time here so far, Instagram pages like Snap It Oga, Tom Saater, Logor of Africa and photographers like ‘dayo Adedayo have inspired me do so with their thought provoking and beautiful images. 

Nigeria is a country steeped in rich culture and tradition which we need to expose the general public to. I could not believe we have world heritage sites, large rock formations and ancient structures as well as the interesting architecture and modern structures. Let us be the first to celebrate our culture and heritage so that others may look at it and celebrate with us. And that's what I intend to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment